Friday, October 2, 2009

AQUA///Olympics





My life has just been enriched. I just got to see AQUA performing 'barbie girl' LIVE! and for free i might add. There are a whole bunch of celebrations in the city for the 2016 Olympic locations was announced here. I went to city hall plaza after studio just to go hear aqua. What could be better than seeing them in their home country? Drummers from the military band even backed up one of their songs (see picture). haha If you didnt know they are trying to make a comeback, so they played some of their new songs too. The pictures above are proof. I also have video which i may post in a few weeks.

About 30 min after the short concert the Olympic location was announced. Its going to be in Rio de Jenero. I'm super excited. Its really funny, I dont think that any of my American friends here wanted it to be in Chicago. Most were rooting for Rio. I have a friend that was so excited that he tried to pick me up while i was still filming it all.

Keep in mind, that Aqua was playing in front of city hall... and after the announcements Danish rock legends D.A.D. played. It was amazing. well the pyrotechnics were amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. I hope you made us all proud and sang along with the song Barbie Girl.

    ReplyDelete